Wednesday, June 1, 2011

YA Challenge: Day Numero Uno

It's day one of Dora Goss' YA challenge, which means that Morgana Tremaine and I need to get our butts in gear. Yesterday, I spent quite a bit of time reworking about half of the first case, but I need to finish up on that and continue on to work on the story. I've been doing the editing in Scrivener for Windows. I'm not sure why, but the block I've had about editing it vanishes if I do it in Scrivener-- maybe just because it looks so different from Word? Scrivener isn't all it's cracked up to be, though-- I accomplish the same thing as Scrivener through a mix of Word and OneNote. I could do it all in OneNote, which is basically the same as Scrivener, and sometimes I do, but I prefer Word. One of the things I do like about Scrivener-- the ability to turn smart quotes into straight quotes with a click of a button. Why smart quotes exist I'll never know. >_<

Okay, enough Scrivener babble! Time to get cracking! I'll be updating throughout the day, just as I do in my LJ when NaNoWriMo's going on. Below is my handy-dandy progress bar for mapping my daily progress. If you'll remember, my goal is 1000 words per day of writing or 3000 of editing. I've set bars for both, so you can see what's the what.


2061 / 1000 words written. 200% done!



2765 / 3000 words edited. 92% done!

No comments: