Monday, June 23, 2008

Peach-Marinated Tofu

I made dinner for Elizabeth and Aaron (and me!) tonight. I made a very good Confetti Rice from the Vegetarian Times and also made a marinated tofu, whose recipe I invented and made as follows:

Peach Marinade (for Tofu)

1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tbs peach jam

Heat maple syrup and rice vinegar in microwave for about thirty seconds or until warm. Stir in peach jam.


Peach-Marinated Tofu

Slice tofu horizontally, then vertically into several slices. Place in a large baking pan and pour half of glaze (see above) over tofu. Refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably more, turning occasionally.

When ready to cook, add a tablespoon of olive oil into a pan and the rest of the glaze. Heat for five minutes, then add tofu to the pan. Cook for 10-20 minutes as desired, stirring often.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yum. That sounds really good. Do you have the recipe for the confetti rice? Maybe I could make this dinner and try to make Scott eat it. Though, he'd probably dislike it immensely and not even touch it since I mutilated the last tofu I tried to cook him and he decided he hated tofu because of it *sigh*. Anyway, I could still try :)

If you made it, he'd probably eat it, though. Boo!!

S.L. Wood said...

Hehe. I'll send you the recipe for the confetti rice. You should make that, even if Scott wouldn't eat the tofu. It was VERY good.