Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mr Raccoon; AKA Tanuki-san


I saw a raccoon today, or yesterday, considering it's a couple of minutes after midnight. This completes my collection of well-loved shapeshifters-- in Japanese mythology, raccoons (actually, their Japanese cousins, the tanuki) and foxes are both shapeshifters. It was a funny little thing.

In other news, the readership of the story I'm posting online at the moment jumped from around 4300 to around 6700 in five-six months. Go me!

Still working on Lauren's cupcake purse; major pain in the butt, and I need to get mine in gear while we're talking of such things. Lauren's b-day is coming up fast. I also need to get a story finished in time for June 20th, which most likely isn't going to happen unless I write all of it tomorrow. It would've been awesome, too. Le sigh.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hellooo dear sister. That raccoon is so cute! Great picture! What is the link to the story you posted? I must read it. :D
Love, me.