Saturday, October 1, 2011

October is Horror Novel Month!

October is one of my favorite months, not least because my birthday comes in it. This has also led to Halloween being my favorite holiday-- I have plans to be Red Riding Hood, modern, as well as watch a scandalously large amount of scary movies and cheesy horror flicks on All Hallow's itself. So there will be a reading list this month that will be epic and awesome! I'll add books, take books away, et cetera, as I get to them, but they'll generally be listed below.

The Books of Blood by Clive Barker
Labyrinths by Jorge Luis Borges
Drawing Blood by Poppy Z. Brite
The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Neverwhere by Neil GaimanNight Shift by Steven King
At the Mountains of Madness and Other Tales of Terror by H.P. Lovecraft
The Best of Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre by H.P. Lovecraft
The Dream Cycle of H.P. Lovecraft: Dreams of Terror and Death by H.P. Lovecraft
Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Project 17 by Stolarz

I shall probably include Coraline and Dracula, provided I can find my copies, and Frankenstein.

No comments: